Don Burns (Dakra) has been engaged in BDSM activities since 1979. He helped to manage a local men’s dungeon here in Phoenix for several years before 2010. His focus has always been on safe, sane and consensual play. Although Don identifies as a gay man (and is currently partnered with Jim for over eight years), he is not opposed to play with females as well as males. He has a private dungeon in Tempe.
Don has more than 27 years of experience working in personal injury, with experience in Missouri and Kansas since 1991 and in Arizona since 1993. Prior to his graduation from law school in 2009, Don was a paralegal for over thirteen years at a large personal injury law firm in Phoenix, and currently teaches other attorneys how to handle personal injury cases. He also runs a personal injury practice for a solo practitioner who is also on Fetlife.
Don started with SWLC in 2010 as a security volunteer, became Security Team Lead in 2014, and now Ops Manager in 2018.
- Current group leader of the GAP since 2016
- APEX member since 1995
- Past President of ALBAC (Arizona Leather Bears & Cubs)
- Former Vice President of the Imperial Court of Arizona
- Judge of the 2014 Southwest Leather Daddy Bear/Cub/Bootblack contest
- Presenter of BDSM & The Law. Presented at Behind Closed Doors, Sin in the City, and other events since 2011
- Assistant Manager of Erotic World at Gay Pride since 2012
Contact Don at Operations@southwestleather.org